Phillip Chalker graduated from the University of Maryland Francis King Carey School of Law. After law school, Mr. Chalker worked for the Social Security Administration (SSA), where he drafted hundreds of decisions related to disability benefits and mentored new attorneys. He left the SSA to participate in the Law Entrepreneurs for Access Program, a program designed to encourage the growth of small law firms and provide legal assistance to under-served communities. Prior to law school, Mr. Chalker advocated on behalf of the American Association for the Advancement of Science at both the State and Federal level.
In law school, he volunteered to improve access to justice for criminal indigents. Additionally, he interned at various influential firms and a federal administrative agency. He also earned an Environmental Law Certificate and founded the law school's Environmental Law Newsletter. He has been published numerous times and has a Master's in Public Policy from the University of Maryland.
- Phillip Chalker, Protecting Disabled Individuals in Private Sector Housing, Maryland Bar Journal, vol. XLIX No. 3, 36-42 (May/June 2016).
- Phillip Chalker, Media Alerts - Hoschar v. Appalachian Power Companies and Industrial Contractors, Inc. - Fourth Circuit, April 3, 2014, American Bar Association, https://apps.americanbar.org/ababoards/blog/blogpost.cfm?threadid=30431&catid=14913.
- Phillip Chalker & Umesh Thakkar, Other Selected Agencies (Commerce, DOT, Interior, EPA, VA), in RESEARCH AND DEVELOPMENT FY 2012 119, 119-27 (AAAS 36th ed. 2012).
- Phillip Chalker, Other Selected Agencies (Commerce, DOT, Interior, EPA, VA), in RESEARCH AND DEVELOPMENT FY 2011 113, 113-20 (AAAS 35th ed. 2011).
- Phillip Chalker & Kasey White, Other Selected Agencies (Commerce, DOT, Interior, EPA, VA), in RESEARCH AND DEVELOPMENT FY 2010 103, 103-10 (AAAS 34th ed. 2010).
Professional Affiliations: Maryland State Bar Association, The Bar Association of Baltimore City, Phi Alpha Delta.